Long Weekend Part III | Family Time

Hello there! 

So as a close to my amazing weekend, here is Part 3. Monday morning I woke up after sleeping in a bit and made my bed, which is one of my favorite morning rituals...

 Then I watched some Youtubers, read some blogs, edited my own blog posts, and listened to Spotify. 

One particular blogger who I have been obsessed with lately is Lily Pebbles. 

 Then I helped unload the groceries that my mom brought home - mostly all the food we were going to make for our Memorial Day cook out.

Notice the family obsession with Snapple and my brothers' obsession with Powerade?


 Then me, my mom, and my sister Mary got cooking and prepping. We cut lots of fresh fruit to make a fruit salad (watermelon, kiwi, strawberries, red grapes, and blueberries). 


 I cut up pepperoni and extra sharp cheddar cheese for our tortellini pasta. My mom cooked and chilled the pasta. 

Then my mom (like the superwoman she is) grilled the meats on our grill, while my dad binge watched Sherlock in our family room... haha :) We had hot dogs, bratwursts, cheeseburgers, grilled chicken, and grilled potatoes. 


These were the bowls on the kitchen table that could have fed about double my family of six.


Then we all went into a food coma and woke up about an hour later. My dad continued to watch Sherlock, my younger brother Connor and older brother Patrick continued on their computers, and my mom, Mary, and I went to the mall... 

Mary needed a pair of graduation shoes and finally chose the black heels with the yellow pop at the heel. 


 Here's Mary scoping out some clothing... she turned right as I was taking my cheeky photo of her. 


I ended up getting a pair of sunglasses from Forever 21, a maxi dress from Charlotte Russe, and makeup from Sephora (the most important part of the trip). I had set out to get a new pair of tennis shoes but I couldn't find a pair that I wanted.

Here is what we got from Sephora...


My mom needed a new foundation so she got the Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation. She also got the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Color Correcting Adjust. I have the regular Light Primer from Smashbox and a little goes a long way! I got a new kohl eyeliner from Stila in Stingray. I also FINALLY got the concealer I have been lusting over for months - the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (in Chantilly aka the palest one - go figure). Mary got a beauty blender called the Sculptor. We were all very, very happy!! <3

It was a great last day of the long weekend and I feel so blessed to have amazing friends and family who surround me.
I hope you had a great weekend :) 
xx

Comments

  1. ooo that food looks delicious! Sounds like you had a brilliant weekend! x
    www.aletterfromem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a set of 5 of those Stila eye-liners! They are so wonderful :)

    Madeline | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. serious bed envy!!! x

    http://thefloraldiamonds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I am obsessed with pillows :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Crafts: Notebook & Mason Jars

Recipe | Watermelon Rice Krispies

Flower Love